Welcome to the Tampa Bay Advanced Manufacturing & Robotics Center (AMRoC). A project of the Foundation for Community Driven Innovation (FCDI), developed in partnership with The People of Manufacturing (TPOMFG), the mission of AMRoC is three-fold:
- To provide a training and talent pipeline for Science, Technology and Manufacturing careers in the Tampa Bay and Central Florida regions, including competency based pre-apprenticeship and apprenticeship programs.
- To inspire young people to become STEM, Manufacturing and Industry leaders by engaging them in exciting mentor based, diverse and inclusive programs that build science, engineering and technology skills, inspire innovation, and foster well- rounded life capabilities including self-confidence, communication, and leadership,
- To act as the headquarters for a Central Florida FIRST Hub with satellite facilities and resources throughout the Tampa Bay area and running along the I-4 Tech Corridor between Tampa and Orlando.
A collaborative, cross program effort of several cooperative organizations and academic institutions, seeded by an Argosy Foundation grant, and developed in close partnership with The People of Manufacturing, AMRoC will include:
- Industry standard manufacturing equipment, including CNC, milling, lathes, drill presses, etc.
- A full scale permanent FIRST Robotics Competition field for high school level, FIRST Tech Challenge field, for middle and high school programs and FIRST LEGO League playing tables for elementary and middle school programs
- Hardware and software to support K-12 STEAM education through:
- Professional Development for educators including Curriculum and Standards Alignment resources, training in Diversity and Inclusion in science, technology, and manufacturing education and more
- Programming, design and engineering classes and training for youth
- Kit and parts loans for teams and classrooms
For more information, please visit our Contact page to get in touch.